I’ve talked about clarity with a few people recently and thought it may be worth writing down a few thoughts. Here it comes.
🙂 Short answer:
Yes, it does.
Or at least it should. If you lack clarity on what and why you should be doing, the ‘how’ of if gets very confused and you end up flapping about like a fish out of water.
🙂 Now for the longish answer:
Yes, clarity in business is super important, so let’s try to figure out why…
You are likely to have started your business as a solopreneur, driven by your passion and clear about the goals you want to achieve.
As your business grows, so does the number of things you need to do on a daily basis. You can end up being pulled in so many directions that sometimes it’s difficult to keep track of everything.
- You run from one task to another and can easily lose sight of your original purpose.
- You do things because they are there and they seem important.
- You get so busy you have no time to stop and question whether all of these things are necessary and aligned with your purpose.
- You end up being preoccupied with things that don’t serve your purpose and direction of your business.
- You get this nagging feeling that things are starting to unravel around the edges…
What can you do to keep your dream business flourishing?
First of all, take a step back and have a good look at your business as if through a stranger’s eyes. You want to make sure that it all still makes sense, as it did when you first started.
You see, a business can grow successfully only when its purpose, strategy and functions are aligned. For that to happen, you need to be perfectly clear about your business’ purpose and strategy.
Clarity is crucial for making the right decisions for your business to succeed – ultimately, it’s all about clarity leading to profit.
Take some time out of your busy day and think about which of the things you do can bring you closer to your vision. Focus on things that really matter.
You may well end up doing less and achieving more.